Secondly, for convenience sake, these files can be shared, uploaded and updated regularly by your trusted professionals, attorney, CPA, Financial Advisor, Insurance Agent, other family members, trustees, etc.
Thirdly, for timeless protection and organization of documents to reduce clutter, confusion and risk of just misplacing them, virtual storage makes common sense.
Recommended documents for storing in Vault:
- Financial and investment account reports
- Legal documents (wills, trusts, deeds, PoAs)
- Tax documents
- Insurance policies (life, disability, home, auto, etc.)
- External account statements
- Copies of licenses, passports, certifications, etc.
- Treasured photos
Recently Raymond James rolled out a secure client Vault for clients and their authorized representatives to access through their Investor Access Log-in with some very attractive features:
- The type of files accepted include, virtually all common file types are supported. However, executables (.exe, .bat, .pif, .pi, vbs, etc.) are not supported.
- No documents will ever be automatically deleted. Clients can delete any document at any time, however, advisors and office professionals can only delete documents that they uploaded themselves.
- There is no overall storage limit but the maximum total file size per upload is 200MB. Clients can upload multiple documents at once as long as total file size does not exceed this limit. At this time, multiple file uploads is not supported in Client Center.
- Clients, advisors, and office professionals (advisor support staff) with proper entitlements will have access to all documents uploaded to the Vault. Permission for Authorized Representatives can be granted by the client at the folder level.
- Clients can create folders by using the “New Folder” button. They can create as many folders and sub-folders as necessary. At this time, only clients can create folders.
- As a feature of Investor Access, Vault is protected by Raymond James’s existing security systems, which are constantly monitored and routinely updated.
- Vault can be accessed through the Investor Access mobile app on a smartphone or tablet. Clients can view and comment on documents from the app but uploading documents is currently not available.
- Vault is automatically available for all clients of Raymond James.